- Collection, processing, transfer and use of Personal
As part of its recruitment process, Samsung Research America, Inc., located at 665 Clyde Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA (“SRA”) collects and processes personal data from job applicants. SRA is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
SRA collects a range of personal information about you. Personal Information means any information relating to you that identifies you, or could reasonably be used to identify you, and that is recorded in any form, including but not limited to:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Your resume or CV, cover letter, previous and/or relevant work experience or other experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to SRA and/or any previous employment history with SRA;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile); and/or
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the interview screening process
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing SRA’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the SRA, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
- Purposes of processing your Personal
Any Personal Information you provide to SRA will be used for the following purposes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at SRA;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to SRA’s application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with
All personal information will be retained for consideration for other similar positions available within SRA, unless you request otherwise by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims
- Security for your Personal
We have in place security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The security measures are implemented and maintained in accordance with legal, organizational and technological developments.
- Use of third-party service
SRA uses third-party service providers with whom SRA contracts as part of its normal business operations to carry out certain human resources-related functions or IT functions (e.g., hosting services). SRA will (i) diligently choose such third-party service providers, and (ii) ensure that such third-party service providers adopt adequate technical and organizational security measures to safeguard your Personal Information and that such third-party service providers only use your Personal Information as instructed by SRA and for no other purposes.
- Your information may be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described If you have been referred for a job at SRA by a current SRA employee, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the SRA employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current SRA employee we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
- SRA may also use service providers acting on SRA’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification / background These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- SRA may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local labor authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal
- We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your referees), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SRA, our users, applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to
When you submitted your personal information on our website, the information was shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by SRA to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on SRA’s behalf
- Correctness of Personal
By consenting to this Job Applicant Privacy Consent, you confirm that all information you provide is complete and accurate.
- Access and rectification, additional information and retracting
In certain states and countries, you may have certain rights under data protection law. This may include the right to request access or to update your information, request that it be deleted, or object to SRA using it for certain purposes. In order to access, rectify and update your Personal Information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the Job Applicant Privacy Consent or if you would like to retract your consent, please contact email@example.com.
If you are in the EU and if you can’t find the answer to your question in this policy, you can contact Samsung’s Data Protection Officer at:
European Data Protection Officer Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on your country of residence, you may also raise any questions or concerns you have regarding your personal information with your local data protection authority.
- Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this policy on this page. Each version of this policy is identified at the top of the page by its effective date.
Last Updated: January 7, 2020