POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Senior Industrial DesignerApply Now
Samsung has the risk taking corporate culture, strategic R&D investments, and global know-how to imagine and develop products that lead the industry. Samsung Design America (SDA) studio is located in San Francisco California. We are currently recruiting world-class designers who share our “Innovation through passion” philosophy that thrive in a fast-pace environment. SDA focuses on the design and development of revolutionary products that live within the mobile ecosystem and home environment. SDA’s charter is to disrupt established markets, define new categories of business, and design innovative products for people everywhere to enjoy.
The next big thing is here.
- Active role in leading, developing, and articulating design concepts, ideas, and directions
- Take part in developing innovative design solutions for products for both mobile, home and new growth areas
- Explore, develop, and refine design concepts based on market analysis, user research, and technology
- Collaborate with UX team to focus on advanced user-centric product experiences
- Provide in-depth insights with the ability to identify emerging trends and successfully apply to designs
- Obtain knowledge of competitor’s market and evaluate competitor solutions
- Explore advanced design concepts to help develop product roadmaps
- Passion for innovative design and delivery
- 5+ years of industry experience (consultancy or in-house design)
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering
- Solid technical proficiency (3D CAD, 3D Rendering, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn about new technology, socio-cultural trends, and human behaviors
- Effective management, communication, and teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving and sketch visualization skills
- Must be able to travel internationally
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.