We offer our internship opportunities all year around in many different areas and locations.
This flexibility allows us to create the right position for you with real responsibilities and room for growth. In addition to getting your hands on the challenging projects and working with brilliant colleagues, you will also find yourself in a dynamic environment where you are learning, growing, and having fun every moment while you are at Samsung.
- Relocation assistance: Our US R&D hub is strategically located in Silicon Valley and other technology centers including New York, San Diego, and Irvine. No matter which part of the world you are, we invite you to join us and will assist you in transitioning smoothly to the new work and living environment.
- Training and development: What you learn from taking part in Samsung’s significant projects will be invaluable to your academic and professional success. Besides the support from seasoned mentors and supervisors, you will also be offered numerous career workshops and tech talks that will help you stay ahead.
- Fun and meaningful activities: Did we sound too serious? At Samsung, we never forget to have some fun because we know that happy people are productive people (based on rigorous research, that is)! Connect with fellow interns and awesome colleagues at various social events, including happy hours, summer picnics, and so on. If you like to contribute to communities, don’t forget to check out volunteer opportunities that Samsung employees participate together.
Your knowledge and fresh perspective will be truly appreciated. Immerse yourself in the vibrant culture and kick-start your career path toward the endless possibilities we offer at Samsung.
MEET SAMSUNG INTERNS
Former interns talk about their internship experience, how it helped them grow, and how it led to full-time work at Samsung Research America.
I Applied! What Happens Next?
Thank you for your interest in joining our internship program. We hope that you feel passionate about the positions that you applied for, as much as we are excited to learn more about your unique talent.
- Contact from our recruiters: If we see a good fit between our goals and your qualifications, our recruiter will contact you to learn more about your interests and background. This is also a good chance for you to ask questions that you might have in regards to the position! As we just started our conversation, we are sure that you would want to know more about it – don’t hesitate to ask.
- Speak with potential supervisor and team members: Samsung candidates are typically invited to an onsite interview after the initial phone interview; however, given that our interns come from all over the U.S. and abroad, the onsite interview may be substituted with phone or video conference calls.
The interviews are conducted in order to further assess your knowledge, skills, and passion in regards to the role that you are interviewing for. If you applied for a technical position, please be prepared to answer technical questions to exhibit your proficiency in coding, algorithms and data structures.
- Hiring decision: Decisions will be made after careful consideration by everyone who you have spoken with. This may take some time – although Samsung is a fast-paced environment, inviting top talent is one of our utmost priorities and we want to take time to ensure that this opportunity will allow us to learn and grow together. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your recruiter.
WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED (INTERVIEW TIPS)
Interview is not simply a test, but a multi-faceted conversation where we both explore the opportunity. Will you find our projects exciting, challenging, and fulfilling? Will you fit in our innovative, fast-paced, and vibrant culture?
Remember, we are excited to meet you and want you to succeed. Below are helpful tips for you.
- KNOW YOURSELF.Please know what is on your resume and be ready to elaborate on it. We want to know more about you, especially in terms of your background that relates to the position you are applying for.
- LEARN ABOUT US.Be ready to show that you have done your research and you are indeed passionate about this opportunity! You may visit our website, learn about the lab, and review the job description.
- ASK QUESTIONS.This may be the single most crucial tip for your success for three main reasons. For one, it tells us how interested and passionate you are, as well as how much you understand so far. Secondly, you will also get to know more about what it is really like working here, which will help you make the most informed decision. It also helps creating rapport, so the interview becomes more of a natural two-way conversation.
- BE YOURSELF.No one is perfect, but we are looking for someone who can add value by dedicating their passion and committing to our vision. Once you have done your research, practice with your friends, and get a good night’s sleep the day before.
ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR TECHNICAL INTERVIEWS
- If you get stumped, ask the interviewer to elaborate, give you hints, etc., to get you through the coding exercise or question.
- It is okay if you do not have a perfect answer, but it is important to demonstrate your problem-solving approach.
We are rooting for you. Good Luck!
As an intern, I had a very rewarding and challenging experience in the summer of 2012. I was an integral part of a talented and cohesive team, which is why I did not hesitate to join the team after I graduated!”
- Former intern, now employee
Keep going. There's more to see.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
We collaborate with universities across the U.S.