POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Sr. Engineer Systems Design & ArchitectureApply Now
Mobile Imaging Algorithm Engineer, Mobile Processor Innovation Lab
Mobile Processor Innovation (MPI) Lab is looking to fill a position in the Advanced Imaging and Computational Photography team, with the goal of advancing user experience differentiations in Samsung Galaxy mobile platform. As a Computational Imaging Expert you will be in charge of inventing cutting edge algorithms and technologies that significantly enhance the camera experience. You will also work on demonstrating efficient SW and HW implementations on upcoming Galaxy mobile platforms by using the hardware’s resources in new and creative ways. You will work with worldwide team to develop product quality solution, and make business impact by delivering the solution in products. You will work with HW architects to define the next generation processing engines to handle the compute complexity of your algorithms.
- Identify areas of differentiation and innovation on camera user experience using image processing and computational imaging principles
- Prototype algorithms in Matlab, C/C++ on PC and embedded platforms
- Understand constraints of embedded system and use that understanding to deliver feasible and efficient algorithms
- Demonstrate the efficacy of the technologies in SW and HW
- Write high quality prototype code that can easily be integrated into production system SW by worldwide teams
- Work with HW architects to define next generation HW platforms to implement the algorithms
- Work with worldwide team across different time zones to deliver solution
- MS/Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or a similar technical degree. Ph.D. degree is strongly preferred.
- Good understanding of and experience with camera systems on mobile platforms in the following areas: multi-frame-multi-camera computational imaging systems, high dynamic range imaging, motion-based computational imaging, optical flow and tracking, high frame rate processing, image stitching and blending, 3A, image deblurring, noise filtering, demosaicing, sharpness enhancement, color processing, multi-sensor fusion
- Acute understanding of camera quality and user experience, a keen eye for image quality, and a passion for continuous improvement is a must-have attribute
- Hands-on experience with embedded implementation of image processing and computational photography algorithms
- Experience in optimizing image processing. DSP experience is a plus
- 3+ years of relevant experience in AP SoC, subsystem, and component IP development is a plus
- Understanding of AP and mobile industry and related technical trends
- Strong communication skills for effective interactions with R&D management as well as peer groups and team members
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong algorithm background in image processing and computational imaging
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Familiarity with firmware and system software development
- Familiarity with smartphone and other mobile product development
- Experience with Neon, GPU or FPGAs
- Understanding of optics and optical systems is a plus
- Experience with computer vision algorithms and vision analytics systems is a plus
- Understanding of inertial sensors and their use for computational imaging is a plus
- Experience with Android, especially in building image processing / computer vision apps is a plus
- Understanding of HLOS layers, Multimedia SW frameworks and compute paradigms is a plus
Keep going. There's more to see.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
We collaborate with universities across the U.S.