POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Sr. Software Manager- Technical Data Product ManagementApply Now
Samsung is the world’s largest consumer electronics company and the leading provider for smart phones and smart TVs. Samsung smart TVs connect homes to the Internet, providing a full range of intelligence capabilities such as speech recognition, gesture recognition, advanced video processing and personalized recommendation. The Digital Media Solutions Lab at Samsung Research America is building a next-generation data platform to support Smart TV products and services.
We have two office locations in California: Irvine and Mountain View. Our research and development include TV analytics, ads targeting, and personalized services. We ingest and process billions of records daily from TVs in the field and we are looking for an experienced professional who has solid software engineering and data experiences, but found his or her calling in product management with a strong emphasis on data product management. We see the product management discipline as a layer that allows to translate business objectives into market-proof products, rooted in reality of what is possible given technology, data and resource constraints.
- Define and manage the product roadmap with a strong emphasis on its technical and data aspects.
- Gather detailed functional requirements from business, marketing and service stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams and other service product teams to identify feature details.
- Document functional technical specifications, map transaction flows, and operational processes.
- Provide day-to-day engineering guidance by delivering and maintaining product requirements documents which align business needs with engineering reality
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent people and management skills allowing to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams located across multiple cities and continents, and third parties.
- Understanding of the advertising industry and the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Goal-oriented, detail-oriented, ambitious, and strong ability to follow-through on commitments.
- Strong understanding of data, SQL, Web applications, API design/client-server architectures.
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and interest in following emerging technologies
- Hands-on software engineering experience.
- BA/BS, preferably in a technical field such as Computer Science
- Experience managing reporting and/or advertising products a plus
- Experience in a consumer web or mobile company is a plus.
- Experience with data sets, Hive, and data visualization tools.
- Advanced degree.
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.