POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Sr. Computational Research ScientistApply Now
SRA’s Advanced Materials Lab (AML) in Burlington, MA is seeking an outstanding Ph.D. computational scientist with experience in electrochemical systems. The ideal candidates will have expertise in performing DFT calculations for advanced energy or optical materials; in interpreting the computational results; and in designing and implementing required computational algorithms using various scripting computer languages. A research emphasis on optical or energy applications such as batteries, photovoltaics, sensors, or OLED display materials is a major plus.
The Advanced Materials Lab in Burlington, MA is part of Samsung Research America headquartered in Mountain View, CA. AML is engaged in materials design and discovery for a broad range of next generation technologies such as batteries, quantum dots, and organic LED materials. The work is conducted internally, with academic collaborators, and with industrial partners. As a part of Samsung’s advanced research effort, AML works closely with counterparts in Korea. We are looking for strong candidates with demonstrated excellence their fields.
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, or a closely related field such as Materials Science or Chemical Engineering .
- A strong background in setting up and running DFT computations, in particular VASP, Gaussian, preferably with a focus on organic molecules and polymeric materials.
- Also of interest are candidates with expertise in machine learning, AI, or continuum-scale device modelers.
- Essential to the position is experience with manipulating, storing, and analyzing large quantities of generated data.
- Self-motivated with the ability to communicate clearly
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze current status of research in advanced materials to identify influential factors- Design models and perform computations, advance the state of the art in field of expertise.
- Contribute to the Samsung mission for next generation materials.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues at AML, with university partners and with Korea.
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.