POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Design, Director - Industrial DesignApply Now
Samsung is dedicated to developing innovative technologies and design processes that create new markets, enrich people's lives and continue to make Samsung a digital leader. Samsung Design America (SDA), located in San Francisco, CA, is looking for a world-class Industrial Design Leader, who shares
our “innovation through passion” philosophy and thrives in a fast-pace, results-driven environment.
- As a Design Leader, you will lead teams that provide industrial and product design leadership to multiple different consumer electronics projects
- You must be innovative, responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
- Manage cross-disciplinary teams to contribute to the conceptualization, design, and specification of innovative consumer products
- You will drive collaborations with other Samsung organizations
- Explore new product categories that leverage other software and hardware technologies
- For more information on SDA: http://www.design.samsung.com/global/contents/sda/
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent, with a Master’s degree preferred
- Twelve or more years of professional experience as an industrial/product designer, with at least part of this being in the area of consumer electronics
- Three or more years of experience leading teams that have done cutting edge design work while
meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Experience collaborating with UX Designers/Researchers, Engineers and Product folks, and managing contractors and vendors.
- Strong communication skills and experience collaborating with teams in different locations
- Travel within the US and to South Korea will be required
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.