POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Computer Vision ResearcherApply Now
The Samsung MPI Lab is currently looking to fill multiple positions in the Mobile Computer Vision team. As part of the vision team, you will be responsible for creating cutting-edge algorithms and technologies that can significantly enhance mobile platforms ability to understand visual environments and interact with users. You will also work on demonstrating efficient SW and HW implementations on current and/or upcoming Samsung mobile platforms. The works at MPI lab are part of Samsung Mobile’s global R&D effort and have direct impact on future Samsung Mobile products reaching millions of users worldwide.
- Identify areas of differentiation and innovation around mobile camera vision by leveraging new and existing vision algorithms and vision-based user interfaces
- Prototype algorithms in Matlab, C/C++
- Understand the constraints of mobile systems and use that understanding to deliver feasible and efficient algorithms
- Demonstrate the feasibility and usability of the technologies in embedded SW and HW
- Work with HW architects to define next generation HW IP and platforms to implement/run the algorithms in power/performance-efficient manners
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or similar technical degree. Ph.D. degree is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: object recognition, optical flow and tracking, multi-sensor fusion, 3d vision, augmented reality
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in 3d registration/reconstruction/modeling is desirable
- Experience in hardware accelerators is a plus
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.